Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Will my sister's kids be messed up, and have these problems?

My 18 y/o sister has tics (she sniffs and she moves her neck). She used to grunt/clear her throat as well. Her 17 y/o boyfriend has tics as well (he sniffs and blinks). My sister has anxiety, OCD, and depression. She also has ADD and an auditory proccessing disorder. She is very slow at taking tests, and has some trouble with reading comprehension (depsite being a wonderful writer). She has some trouble with geometry and certain types of math. Her boyfriend has some anxiety (he also is very meticulous and clean), and he has some learning issues, despite being very smart. (He goes to a special school for kids w/ learning issues). Neither of them are athletic at all, and they cannot really run. Neither of them have many friends and neither are particuarly "popular." My sister can look like one of the "hott girls" when she straightens her hair, puts on makeup and nice clothes, but her bf is totally a geek. My father has ADD and OCD, my granmother has anxiety/OCD, my great-grandmother had epilepsy. On my mother's side, my aunt has learning disablities and epilepsy. One of my cousins on my mother's side of the family had tics (which she outgrew). My sister's boyfriend's cousin has some kind of Aspergers or something. If they have kids in the future, will they have similar issues to their parents? Will they have tics and learning problems?

0 comments:

Post a Comment